Yup, you read it right. I started boxing lessons today. Reverend Chris Jones, a poet in the UNM MFA program is giving lessons to me and another school pal. We jumped rope. We shadowboxed. We embarrassed ourselves with bad punches. But there were a few good ones in there. And damn, did they feel good. Million Dollar Baby, I ain't, but I'm still serious about it!
We Abq SnB'ers get a hold of something fun and it spreads like wild fire. Take this, for instance, on Strange Little Mama's blog. Or Mama-E's Show Me Your Stash Monday. And this meme, which has been changing hands like a bad penny. But good. So, here goes.
Instructions: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.
Scout's Knitted Swag
Wearing Black in New Mexico
I'm tagging Mama-E, Adam Knits, Cari, and Erin.
What were you doing 10 years ago? Living with my ex-husband in a moldy basement apartment, working for Teatown Lake Reservation and finishing up my BA at Mercy College. Despite the mold, it was a very happy time.
What were you doing 1 year ago? Starting my second semester in UNM’s MFA program. Closing on my townhouse.
What were you doing 1 hour ago? Finishing up “Silence,” my first Creative Non-Fiction piece to submit to workshop on Wednesday.
List five creative things you want to achieve this year:
1. Write a full draft of my dissertation novel, “Queen of the Tobacco Field”
2. Become an adept spinner
3. Keep a watercolor journal
4. Start my Etsy shop
5. Learn Cat Bordhi’s mobeius cast on method
List five snacks you enjoy:
1. ginger cookies
2. Milk crackers crumbled in hot tea with milk and sugar
3. hummus and carrots
4. ice cubes
5. whoopie pies
List five things you would do if money were no object:
1. Ride my bike across the country
2. Buy a villa in Tuscany and live there part of every year
3. Buy a beach or lake house for my family
4. Set up a foundation to support young artists
5. Go to the Globe every season for every play
List five bad habits:
1. Distracted from homework by the Internet
2. Don't hold my tongue when I really disagree about something
3. Forget to moisturize my skin (no biggie in CT, but BAD in NM)
4. Don't drink near enough water
5. Never listen to driving directions. If they're not written down, I'm not following them.
List five things you like doing:
3. Chasing the dogs around the woods
4. Watching plays (especially Shakespeare. Especially outside)
5. Kyaking with Neal
List five favorite gadgets:
1. Pink i-pod mini
2. My laptop, which I use to play dvd’s, too!
3. The frother that makes my hot chocolate so yummy
4. Swift and ball winder
5. Knitting needlesN
ame one thing you like about yourself: I’m really forgiving.