Saturday, February 04, 2006

Sometimes Pretty is Enough


Um, I posted and published, but the post has disappeared. So, sometimes pretty part deux.

Back in the 80s when I was younger than I am now, I would have identified my look as "vintage punk" or "thrift store punk." My prom gown was a swank black number from the 30s. I liked pretty with an edge. I still like that edge, although it's less about safety pins and irony than it used to be. Sometimes, though, all I want is to exude the class of Audrey Hepburn. Good luck, I know. Spring is in the air in Albuquerque. I promised Neal to go outside and look for buds on the trees. And spring, more than anything, makes me believe that indeed, pretty is enough.

8 comments:

Ramona said...

I saw these bags. They are so damm cute! How much homework have you done today missy? You have been posting all over town.

Beverly said...

Um, not much. I'm a naughty girl!

Ramona said...

I say tranfer what you have on to two circs and go for it!

Ramona said...

tranfer? How about transfer

Scoutj said...

I neeeeeed some of those patterns!

The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said...

What a cute bag! Actually Cody and I once talked about how much you remind me of a sort of postmodern Audrey Hepburn.

Jenny said...

ooh- love love love the bags.

Cari said...

Re: movie idea--free tickets? Are you kidding? You're invited to the premiere! Red carpet, baby! And you can carry that pretty bag!