Thursday, September 01, 2005

Projects, projects everywhere

Still figuring out nifty sidebar stuff, so for now, a list right here:

Projects on the Needle
--Yarn Girls “Stripes are Stars” v-neck sweater.  I had some raspberry Manos purchased for a cape, but there’s not much call for a cape in NM, so I’m joining it with a chocolate brown from Lamb’s Pride.  My first sweater.  
--Christmas gift for cousin Lisa.
--Clapotis in Silky Wool (pink—I’m really trying to move away from black, I promise).  If you haven’t been lusting for a Clappy of your own, maybe you just haven’t seen the pattern at http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html.  
--Christmas gift for Cheryl.
--Baby gift for Kate.
--Swatch for Noro Klaralund sweater.  My second sweater.  

What, looking for more?  Isn’t that enough?  Lots of other projects are waiting for needles to free up, so in time, in time.  

Since coming back to NM after my idyllic summer in CT w/Neal and the dogs, I’ve been keeping late hours.  No Maddie to turn her big brown eyes at me and get pushy about going to bed.  Lots of late nights reading for school, and on the nights when I’m caught up early enough to get to bed before it’s morning, I’m finding that I worry about the state of the world…hurricanes, gas prices, dogs in the backs of pickup trucks.  I’m not being facetious.  I do worry about that, too.

So I’m doing a lot more knitting than usual…beats staring at the ceiling any day.  Or night.


No comments: