So even though Crazy Aunt Purl hasn't posted a picture of her favorite knitting spot (Scout's fun meme), I will respond to her universal meme.
Ten random things you might not know about me
1. I have three tattoos.
2. One of them covers a Chinese symbol that was supposed to mean student.
3. It meant Saturday.
4. I’m healthier when I live with my dog, Maddie.
5. Maddie fulfills my desire for children. So does Tilly.
6. I get bitter about my divorce still. And jealous.
7. That mostly happens when I feel uncertain about the future of my relationship with Neal.
8. I’ve watched the Winona Ryder version of Little Women about 30 times this semester. It reminds me of New England. There’s some bird songs in it that make me want to cry from homesickness.
9. After I saw Kenneth Branagh’s Hamlet, I cut off all of my hair and bleached it blonde.
10. I should be finishing up my Classical Rhetoric paper. It’s already late. But my professor is nice and gave me until tomorrow morning to submit it.
Nine places I’ve visited
8. Ireland (“Ya must be shattr’d”)
Eight ways to win my heart
1. Cook for me.
2.Read good stuff so we can talk about it.
3. Ask me questions about writing, knitting, reading, or spinning.
4. Have a good vocabulary. Use words like “gloaming.”
5. Slow dance in the living room with me. Without my asking.
6. Surprise me with flowers. Especially if you picked them on the side of the road.
7. Love dogs and be kind to other animals even if you don’t love them.
8. Be willing to have an adventure with me.
Seven things I want to do before I die
1. Ride my bike across the country
2. Publish a few novels
3. Read Finnegans Wake
4. Visit Kenya
5. Kayak in Iceland
6. Really learn to watercolor
7. Marry a man who can’t live without me
Six things I’m afraid of
1. Most insects
2. Car accidents
3. Losing my independence
6. Hospital stays
Five things I don’t like
1. Not being able to turn on a light to knit by when Neal is watching tv at night.
3. Bad, unpredictable drivers.
5. Incompetence disguised as competence.
Four ways to turn me off
1. Be a racist or chauvinist or be mean to an animal
2. Act like crafts are quaint
3. Don’t read
4. Act like birthdays and holidays are not important
Three things I do every day
1. Talk to Neal
Two things that make me happy
1. My dogs
2. Writing and knitting and reading and sleeping late (except when it makes me late)
One thing on my mind right now
Figuring out how I’m going to make through next semester without having a breakdown.